Wednesday, August 6th, 2014
Registration (Pastries/Coffee): 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM
Seminar Begins: 8:30 AM
Larkin at Exchange Building
726 Exchange Street – Suite 804
Buffalo, New York 14210
Cost: (Includes Lunch)
$175 (AI/State CE Credit w/Certificate)
$40 USE PROMO CODE: No CE Credit
(Bankers, Lawyers, Real Estate Agents, etc. OR Appraisers not requiring AI or State CE Credit – NO CERTIFICATE)REGISTER
Part I – Appraisal in an Evolving Banking Environment: 3 Hours
Presenter: Adam A. Alessi, MAI, MRICS
Chief Appraiser, First Niagara Bank, N.A.
- A look at the post-2008 timeline for appraisal-related regulatory mandates and the response of the lending and appraisal communities;
- Case studies of valuation and compliance issues impacted or ignored by the regulatory environment
- First-hand accounts and perspectives of the realities of serving a borrowing base in this climate.
Part II – Complex Properties: A Risk-Based Approach to Allocations and Investment: 4 Hours
Presenter: Franz H. Ross, CBA, CVA, MRICS,
Complex Asset Specialist, First Niagara Bank, N.A.
What are the unique characteristics of each complex property type? Discussion will include hotels, C-stores, healthcare properties, power plants, restaurant/banquet facilities, tank farms, data centers, golf courses, and other recreational properties. What special industry knowledge
is needed to appraise each property type, and what unique metrics are applicable?
- The premise for giving the greatest weight to a risk based/cost based asset allocation methodology;
- Attendees will receive the new ETEEM model, and be given instruction in its use;
- Understanding the importance of asset allocation metrics such as cost approach data, market rents, lease coverage ratios, management fees and others;
- Best practices in an income analysis that is universal to all income properties.
- How to prove cap rates of “going-concerns” and of intangible assets using available BV data.
Approved for 7 Hours of Continuing Education by:
- The Appraisal Institute
- NYS Continuing Education
- Pennsylvania CE
Post Class Gathering/Social, hosted by the WNY/Ontario Chapter of the Appraisal Institute:
Larkin Square – Filling Station
Hors d’oeuvres and Cash Bar
Live at Larkin featuring
The Steam Donkeys and Shaky StageFor more information please contact Yolanda Perez, Executive Secretary at 716-544-0497.